Thixogrease, the new generation, multi purpose grease from Power Up Lubricants, provides superior protection in the boundary lubrication regime. Thixogrease is ideal for applications where high loads, extreme pressure or high temperature cause serious metal to metal contact and wear. Superior water wash resistance and rust corrosion inhibition allow Thixogrease to excel in areas where conventional greases fail.
Thixogrease is made of a unique base which offers minimal oil separation or hardening and demonstrates excellent compatibility with many traditional soap oil greases.
Primary Benefit of Thixogrease:
The primary benefit of Thixogrease is to reduce the friction caused by asperity (metal to metal) contact in the boundary lubrication regime. It is designed for grease filled applications where high temperature, extreme pressure, water and corrosion are normal conditions.
Secondary Benefits of Thixogrease:
* Thixogrease reduces ultrasonic wear noise which relates directly to lower component wear.
* The high dropping point and temperature pumpability of Thixogrease allow for a wide operating temperature range of -18oC to 250oC (0oF to 480oF).
* Thixogrease is formulated with superior rust and corrosion inhibitors to withstand contamination and protect critical components.
* Exceptional water wash resistance allows Thixogrease to work in marine, pulp and paper, and similar applications.
* Thixogrease has outstanding shear stability, minimizing relubrication requirements.
* Thixogrease is ideal for use in centralized lubricating systems due to its excellent pumpability.
Product Application and Availability:
Thixogrease is suitable for use in applications where multi purpose, extreme pressure grease is specified. Thixogrease is a superb lubricating grease for all types of bearings, pins and bushings, king pins, valves and many other applications in marine, agricultural, industrial, pulp and paper, and mobile equipment.
Thixogrease is available in NLGI #2 grade in 440g tubes, 17kg pails, 55kg kegs and 180kg drums; and in NLGI #0 grade in 17kg pails and 55kg kegs.